How can the unaligned teeth cause further dental problems?
Your distorted teeth do not only affect your aesthetic appearance (distorted smile), but they may also be steered with many unnecessary medical casualties along with more degraded oral problems.
- Unhealthily brushed or flossed crooked teeth would more often lead to a tart/plaque formation onto your teeth; and this, if remained untreated, may cause the tooth cavity, bacteria invasion and more deteriorated oral health. Consequently, any unfortunate chances of having certain several surgical treatments like dental implant, root canal treatment or other are never undervalued.
- With your misaligned teeth, you would more perhaps be unable to chew your food properly and that would undoubtedly cause indigestion of food, which is fairly resulting from the big food particles left poorly chewed during eating.
What are the Types of Dental Braces? How Do Dental (Orthodontic) Braces Work?
It is very important that we know how dental braces straighten up our teeth. There are many types of teeth braces largely available into the market. The pattern of your irregular teeth bite would more accurately define the type of the dental braces your teeth require. The dental braces being currently used now are more advanced and are quite comfortable and better in appearance when applied.
- Traditional Metal Braces: The metal braces, the most commonly used teeth braces, are the metal wires (arch wire) that would fasten the small metal brackets attached to the teeth. Rubber bands, often called ligatures, are also used to apply more pressure on teeth by simply being tied with the brackets so far.
- Porcelain Dental Braces: Transparent in color, made up of compound of glass sort and would give luminous look
- Stainless Steel Braces: Usually made up of stainless steel and is often overlapped with gold
- Lingual Braces: Just like the traditional metal brace that are placed at the back of your teeth instead to make them look hidden
- Small Braces: Little braces in size, yet effective
- Detachable Braces: These are the braces, which can usually be removed in less time than that required by corrected braces
- Artistic Braces: Considering today’s existing trend especially for adolescents, there are the braces introduced and used widely; that glow during nighttime and are also available in different colors
How Long Do the Teeth Braces Stay On?
The corrected braces would normally remain on your teeth for about two-year period and the removable brace would perhaps go for up to one year, may be less or more than that. Once you go out of your due bracing period, the braces are then uninstalled and your teeth are replaced with the Retainer.
The Orthodontic Retainer mainly helps in settling down your newly adjusted teeth onto their proper positions as stable as required, adapting well with jawbones and surrounded soft tissues. This will go off your teeth after around one year or less or more than that as decided by your orthodontist. Should all be very appreciable (no matter the procedure takes a bit longer time), exclusively when it comes to seeing yourself back with an energetic, glittering smile all with your regained self-confidence the way you have ever expected!